A glowing Jennifer Lopez and husband Marc Anthony headed the march at the 53rd annual National Puerto Rican Day Parade on Sunday in Manhattan. The Hollywood power couple was accompanied by Mayor Michael Bloomberg to kick off the parade, which is expected to be attended by 2 million people.
Marc Anthony led off as the parade’s “international godfather” with gorgeous wife J-Lo at his side. Originally telenovela star Osvaldo Rios was slated to lead the march, but withdrew after a domestic violence conviction for assaulting his girlfriend caused outrage over his participation.
The annual Puerto Rican Day Parade started at 11 AM and marches from 44th Street to 86th street. This year the parade and celebration were shortened to five hours instead of seven and the route cut down by seven blocks.
The theme for this year’s parade is “Helping Build a Better Community.”
Mad Men star January Jones allegedly lost control of her car Thursday night and slammed into three parked cars, causing some major damage to the vehicles. Jones told police she was being chased by paparazzi before she crashed.
Jones also claims she fled the scene of the accident because photographers were harassing her. Turns out, however, Jones’ story about the whole incident may have a few glaring holes.
According to TMZ.com, January Jones told police paparazzi had been trailing her when she lost control of her Range Rover and struck three parked cars. She also allegedly said she left the scene for 45 minutes because the photographers wouldn’t leave her alone. Jones reportedly walked home to call 911, but later returned – allegedly wearing different clothing and chewing gum.
Witnesses at the scene, however, allegedly told TMZ.com no one saw any photographers around anywhere after the crash. In addition, at least one allegedly said they smelled alcohol on Jones before she left the scene.
Police did not administer an alcohol test on Jones after the wreck. Since she went home before police arrived on the scene, there would have been no way to verify that she didn’t drink while she was gone and any test would have been invalid.
A 17-year-old boy and his father have accused actress Jodie Foster of assaultingÂ the teenagerÂ in a parking lot. The boy’s father claims Jodie Foster assaulted his son afterÂ he approached her to take a photo.
“Jodie Foster attacked my son at the parking lot at The Grove. Jodie pushed and shoved him leaving scratches and bruises on his arm,” the man reportedly told RadarOnline.com. “My son was at The Grove with his girlfriend and they were going to see a movie. He saw Jodie Foster and is a big fan so went over and took a picture of her.”
“She came after him, poked him in the chest and said, ‘Do you even have a mother you slime ball?’ He didn’t mouth back at all and was scared of her. At one point Jodie’s son even came over to my son and apologized. Her kids were really embarrassed.”
We can see Jodie Foster telling somebody to shove off, but beating on and scratching up a teenager? We kind of doubt that. We donâ€™t doubt, however, that this kid and his dad are probably looking to score some cash from the actress in some lame lawsuit or something.
The parents of former child star Gary Coleman have announced they will not fight his will. Sue and Willie Coleman told Meredith Vieira on the Today show Friday they are giving up any fight over their son’s body or estate. Coleman’s will is at the center of a battle between the actor’s ex-wife, Shannon Price, and his former manager, Dion Mial.
In an interview on the Today show on Friday, Sue and Willie Coleman said they have given up the battle over Gary Coleman’s body and his estate. The Colemans said they had no intention of contesting his will, which was filed in Utah on June 8. The will names Coleman’s former manager, Dion Mial, as the executor of his estate.
Shannon Price, Coleman’s ex-wife, has filed to contest the will, claiming she should have control of what happens to Coleman’s remains and power over his estate.
Coleman’s parents just want all the drama to end and their son to be properly buried. “I want all the talk to stop,” Sue Coleman said. “Garyâ€™s gone. I want his body put away respectfully so that we all can bring some closure to this part of him â€¦ Letâ€™s just put him away so that his spirit can just go on to where itâ€™s going. Heâ€™s at rest, I know he is, and the rest of us need to bring some closure to it.â€
Katy Perry is slamming Lady Gaga over the eclectic star’s new “Alejandro” music video. The “Alejandro video features Lady Gaga performing in a latex nun’s habit with the image of a cross plastered over her groin.
Katy Perry, whose parents are Christian pastors, apparently takes issue with Lady Gaga’s use of religious imagery in the “Alejandro” video. In the video, Lady Gaga also sucks and deep throats a string of rosary beads before being stripped and humped by a bunch of half-naked men.
“Using blasphemy as entertainment is as cheap as a comedian telling a fart joke,” Perry Tweeted to her fans on Tuesday. Well, we know plenty of guys out there who are quite fond of fart jokes actually.
Plus, this criticism comes from a woman who just released a video for “California Gurls” in which frosting jets from her breasts. That may not be blasphemous in a religious sense, but it certainly violates all the covenants of good taste.
Troubled starlet Lindsay Lohan‘s alcohol monitoring bracelet reportedly went off at a MTV Movie Awards party on Sunday. Lohan was attending pop singer Katy Perry‘s MTV Movie Awards after party when her SCRAM bracelet began flashing wildly.
“All of a sudden, her ankle bracelet started flashing furiously – bright red, fast flashes,” an unidentified source reportedly told Star magazine.
The ankle bracelet is supposed to alert if Lindsay Lohan consumes alcohol. Lohan was ordered to wear the bracelet last month after missing probation hearings over several DUI incidents. Even though the bracelet went off, however, it doesn’t necessarily mean Lohan was drinking.
“She wasn’t drinking or doing drugs that I saw,” the source told Star. A technician reportedly told the tabloid that the ankle bracelet could have gone off due to a “technical issue.”
We do hope it was just a glitch and Lohan wasn’t stupid enough to violate a court order she knows could land her in jail. Lohan is due in court again on July 6; let’s hope she can keep it clean at least until then!
Marc Jacobs took home top honors in women’s wear and Marcus Wainwright (rag & bone) took the prize for men’s wear at the Council of Fashion Designers of America Gala last night. The highlight of the evening, however, was the celebratory tribute to late fashion icon Alexander McQueen.
Jewelry designer Alexis Bittar rounded out the top winners for the night at the CFDA gala, winning the top award in the accessories category. Emerging artists Jason Wu (women’s wear), Richard Chai (men’s wear) and Alexander Wang (accessories) all walked away with Swarovski Awards for their contributions to the fashion industry.
Supermodel Iman was gifted with the Fashion Icon Award at the CFDA ceremony, while designer Michael Kors won the Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award.
Besides all the glam, glitz and awards, the night was most notable for the moving tribute to designer Alexander McQueen, who committed suicide in February.
Wearing a dress by the fallen designer, Sarah Jessica Parker called McQueen “talented well beyond his years” during a presentation of his final collection on stage. Parker said McQueen, whose designs she wore in Sex and the city 2, “had the most beautiful hands I have ever seen.”