Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Kim Richards has checked into rehab at an undisclosed location, sources are reporting. The former Disney child star was wasted in the first season finale of Real Housewives, during which her sister Kyle Richards called her an alcoholic.
In the second season of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Kim Richards has continued to display rather crazed behavior. Although Richards reportedly entered rehab once before back in mid-2010, she checked herself out only a week later.
During one episode of Real Housewives in October, cast-mate Brandi Glanville accused Kim Richards, who was slurring her speech during a game night, of being high on crystal meth and “wasted out of her f—ing mind.”
Richards said on the show in November that her slurred speech and droopy eyes are actually the result of prescribed medications, including anti-anxiety drug Lexapro, anti-depressant Trazadone and anti-seizure and alcoholism treatment drug Topamax.
Multiple sources have reportedly confirmed to Entertainment Tonight that Kim Richards has returned to rehab to curb her drinking problem.Â We’re sure her friends and family will be hoping this time she’ll stay longer than a week.
Bravo has so far not commented on the report that Richards has checked into rehab. Richards’ reps are also keeping silent so far.
Between two divorces, his TV characters, his failed relationships and everything else we should’ve guessed that drama followed Charlie Sheen wherever he went. To prove that point, his ex-wife, Brooke Mueller, is now also making waves. According to the Aspen Times, Brooke was arrested at a nightclub in the ski town. She was charged with “third-degree misdemeanor assault and felony possession of cocaine with intent to distribute.” Â In other words – mama got some coke and she was lookin’ to partay!
Brooke posted bond (to the tune or $11K) and was released but ordered to appear back in court on the 19th of the month. We know how the family – including her twin sons with Charlie – loves to celebrate a happy, healthy traditional holiday. So we hope the court date won’t get in the way.
Country singer Mindy McCready announced Wednesday she is pregnant with twins by music producer David Wilson. McCready spilled the news of her double pregnancy after making national news for taking her son away from her mother in a custody dispute.
Former country star Mindy McCready topped the charts in the 90’s but has since dragged downward into a viscious spiral of drug abuse, arrests and alleged suicide attempts. The 36-year-old has been arrested for drug and drunk-driving and domestic abuse against her mother, who she sued in August for libel. McCready lost custody of her son, 5-year-old Zander, to her mother because of disturbing wild behavior.
McCready allegedly took her son from her father’s house and fled from Florida to Nashville with the boy without permission. Florida authorities and the Department of Children and Families said a missing persons report was filed on McCready and her son on Tuesday night.
A judge has issued a court order demanding that McCready return her son voluntarily by 5PM on Thursday afternoon or face arrest for kidnapping. McCready, however, came out with a press statement proclaiming that she and her son are not missing and that no missing persons report was filed with police.
“I am working with lawyers to try to get all this straightened out,” McCready told Access Hollywood in an e-mail on Wednesday. “I did not steal my child, as it would be impossible for me to kidnap what already belongs to me! There never was any missing persons report and never an Amber Alert.”
McCready also posted on Facebook that she had spoken with police, which they confirmed: “I have been fighting the Florida court system to protect my son, and bring him home. .. TV has once again reported nothing but lies and they are most likely being supported by the attorney for DCF child services. There is NO AMBER ALERT and my son is not missing! Detectives from the Cape Coral Police department established that this afternoon via Skype. Please do not worry or support anything they continue to lie about!! Thanks Always…. Mindy.”
According to McCready’s publicist, Kat Atwood, her client and 5-year-old Zander are “safe, healthy and comfortable.” Atwood also says that McCready firmly denies she has done anything wrong and is awaiting a court order on whether she will awarded custody of her son.
Dr. Conrad Murray was sentenced to four years in jail on Tuesday for manslaughter in the death of pop legend Michael Jackson. Murray was found guilty of being responsible for Jackson’s death from an overdose of the powerful sedative propofol on June 25, 2009.
The prosecution in the Michael Jackson death case had asked Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor for the maximum sentence of four years. However, due to prison over-crowding, it is questionable if he will actually serve the full term. More than likely he will serve only two years at most.
In sentencing Murray, Judge Michael Pastor called the doctor’s treatment abhorrent. He also rejected a motion by the defense team to have cameras be thrown out of the courtroom during sentencing.
“Dr. Murray created a set of circumstances and became involved in a cycle of horrible medicine,” the judge said. “The practice of propofol for medicine madness, which violated his sworn obligation, for money, fame prestige and whatever else may have occurred.”
Dr. Conrad Murray’s defense team had asked the court to sentence him to only probation with “substantial community service,” arguing that the defendant’s reputation was already ruined, he would lose his medical license and he had no prior criminal record.
Michael Jackson’s parents and family were present at the sentencing hearing. The family’s attorney, Brian Panish, read a statement to the court on behalf of the Jacksons. In the statement, the family asked the judge to “impose a sentence that reminds physicians they cannot sell their services to the highest bidder.”
Dr. Conrad Murray will face a sentencing hearing Tuesday morning for involuntary manslaughter in the death of pop icon Michael Jackson. Prosecutors want Conrad Murray to serve the maximum four year sentence for his crime, but it is likely that jail overcrowding will reduce that term by as much as half. Because of current California law, as a non-violent offender he will also serve any time he is sentenced to in county jail, rather than prison.
Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor will hand down Dr. Conrad Murray’s sentencing this morning. His defense attorneys are arguing for probation, saying he will already lose his medical license and face a lifetime of ostracism over his conviction. They also claim that at least some of the blame should rest with Murray’s patient in contributing to his own death.
â€œMr. Jacksonâ€™s self-destructive tendencies played a role in the damage suffered in this case and should be regarded as a contributing factor,â€ defense lawyers Ed Chernoff, J. Michael Flanagan and Nareg Gourjian said in a filing last week.
During his six-week court case in the death of Michael Jackson, Dr. Conrad Murray’s defense team argued that the singer had self-administered the overdose of propofol that killed him. Prosecutors argued that Murray’s lapsed attention on the day of Jackson’s death and shoddy medical care overall was enough for him to be convicted of manslaughter no matter who administered the fatal dose.
â€œThe defendant has displayed a complete lack of remorse for causing Michael Jackson’s death. Even worse than failing to accept the slightest level of responsibility, the defendant has placed blame on everyone else, including the one person no longer here to defend himself, Michael Jackson,â€ Deputy District Attorneys David Walgren and Deborah Brazil wrote in the prosecution filing on Murray’s sentencing.
Murray admitted he had been giving Michael Jackson doses of propofol at night to help the singer with insomnia. Propofol is a power anesthetic normally used only in a hospital setting with the patient under constant monitoring and observation.
Miley Cyrus claims she was just being a “smart-ass” last week when she said she was a “stoner” and she is NOT actually a pothead. According to Cyrus’s rep, the young star was only joking and is notÂ a realÂ marijuana toker. Yeah… okay… if you say so…
The whole Miley Cyrus stoner kerfuffle launched last week when a video taken at the young star’s 19th birthday party went public. In the video, Miley Cyrus jokes about her birthday cake, which prominently featured the face of Bob Marley.
You know you’re a stoner when your friends make you a Bob Marley cake – you know you smoke way too much f**kin’ weed,” Cyrus is heard commenting on the video. Naturally, after that statement, everyone on the Net was talking about how the former Disney star was a huge stoner.
This is not the first time Miley Cryrus has been the target of rumors about her alleged marijuana smoking. In 2010, a Miley Cyrus video showed the singer/actress smoking a bong. She later insisted that she was only smoking salvia — a currently legal hallucinogen substance — not pot.
Miley Cyrus is still denying she is a pothead even after this latest video incident. In fact, she claims the whole Bob Marley cake and her “stoner” commentary were just references to the previous incident.
“The cake was a joke and Miley was being sarcastic,” Cyrus’ representative told Access Hollywood. “It is being completely taken out of context.”
Kelly Osbourne, who organized the party for Cyrus, also says the whole thing was an inside joke and people are taking it way too seriously.
“Let me make something very clear after Miley Cyrus’ salvia incident we started calling her bob miley as a JOKE!” she wrote on Twitter. “The cake was also A JOKE! It makes me sick that Miley Cyrus’ so called ‘friends’ would sell her out and lead people 2 believe she is someone that she is not! …U guys if Miley Cyrus is not recording/filming/touring she is works everyday how could she possible do all that if she was a stoner! #think (sic).”
Spiderman actor Tobey Maguire has bought himself out of a nasty lawsuit stemming from his participation in an underground high-stakes poker ring. Macquire has agreed to fork over $80,000 in a settlement to keep him out of court.
The whole debacle began when Tobey Maguire got involved in a poker ring with hedge fund manager Bradley Ruderman and beat the snot out of him repeatedly at cards. Well, that’s all well and good, but then Bradley Ruderman was put in the slammer after being caught running a huge ponzi scheme.
Left bankrupt, Ruderman’s company started going after anyone and everyone to make some money to pay off his ponzi scheme victims and other creditors. That’s when it was discovered that Tobey Maguire was one of a number of high-stakes players who had collected on poker bets from Ruderman in unlicensced and illegal card games.
Tobey Maguire allegedly won more than $300,000 as a result of these games and Ruderman’s company went after him to seize the winnings. Macquire was reporteldy one of 22 people sued for cleaning out Ruderman at illegal poker games from 2007 to 2008.
Rather than deal with all the BS of a court mess, Tobey Maguire has reportedly agreed to pay out $80,000 to settle his part in the suit. That’s a pretty sweet discount, but we hope Macquire has learned his lesson to keep his gambling on the legal side from now on.