Former ESPN NFL analyst Sean Salisbury is finally admitting to the perverted behavior that is rumored to have lost him his job at the network. Salisbury says he did indeed take a cellphone photo of his genitals and show it around, despite denying doing so repeatedly in the past.
“I was ashamed, and I didn’t want to say anything,” Sean Salisbury said, according to USA Today. “I thought it would go away and let my ego get in the way. Since then, I’ve beat myself up about it more than 10 baseball bats could. A stupid mistake can cost you, and this has really cost me.”
The incident allegedly happened in a Connecticut bar in 2006.Â The former Vikings quarterbackÂ said it was just a “sophomoric mistake” on his part. ESPN suspended Salisbury for a week when the network found out – although at the time they did not specify the reason for the suspension. Salisbury’s contract with ESPN was later dropped in 2008. Salisbury was fired again by a Dallas radio station last year after rumors he had acted inappropriately in some manner, although Salisbury claims it was just a contract dispute.
In an interview with Deadspin.com in 2008, Sean Salisbury was asked directly whether he “took a picture of your genitals on your cellphone and showed it around.” At the time, Salisbury vehemently denied doing so. “I haven’t addressed it because it’s so absurd and such a bald-faced lie from what the speculation is out there from media outlets and Internet and bloggers that hop on and want to beat you up because they don’t like my opinion in football. It never happened,” Salisbury said.
Salisbury said he has undergone anger management counseling, but he still can’t believe how one photo could change his life so much. “It was stupid–dumb!–but not malicious,” he said. “How can it ruin a good career?… I’ve gone from being on six days a week to disappearing.”
Well, waving around pictures of your wanker in a public bar can do that to you. Maybe Salisbury could try to drum up a career starring in second-rate porn movies or start his own www.penisphonephotos.com adult website. We hear weird Internet porn is very profitable these days…
Former presidential candidate John Edwards has finally confessed, publicly, he is the father of Rielle Hunter‘s baby daughter. Edwards previously denied he fathered baby Frances Quinn repeatedly. Before that, he denied, vehemently, that he had ever even cheated on his wife with Rielle Hunter.
John Edwards confirmed his paternity of Rielle Hunter’s almost 2-year-old toddler in a press statement on Thursday. “I am Quinn’s father. I will do everything in my power to provide her with the love and support she deserves. It was wrong for me ever to deny she was my daughter, and hopefully one day, when she understands, she will forgive me,” Edwards said. “To all those I have disappointed and hurt, these words will never be enough, but I am truly sorry.”
Yeah, we’re sure your cancer-strickenÂ wife, Elizabeth Edwards, and your three children with her – Cate, Emma and Jack – are really feeling your apologies about now. As for the child you denied fathering for two years, we can only shudder at what kind of messed up head that poor girl is going to have from all this.
John Edwards should have just given it up when the National Enquirer first plastered his affair with Rielle Hunter all over their front page. Being caught with your pants down is one thing – even presidents have survived that. Lying about it to the entire world over and over again – that’s the part that really makes you look like a douche bag. Edwards once called the National Enquirer stories about his affair â€œtabloid trash thatâ€™s full of lies.â€ We’re thinking that label actually applies pretty well to Edwards himself right about now.
Even worse, Edwards is still under investigation for possibly using money raised for his presidential campaign to try to cover up the affair with Hunter.
Can you imagine if we’d elected this guy president? He’d deny for years he accidently launched a nuclear strike on Iran, blame it on one of his staffers and then only admit he did it and was “truly sorry” about it years later. We’re thinking the country dodged a bullet on that one.
Survivor: BorneoÂ winner Richard Hatch was arrested again after appearing on the Today Show on Tuesday. Hatch’s sister, Kristin Hatch, said her brother had permission to do the interview but believes he may have been rearrested for statements he made on the Today Show.
A police official told RadarOnline.com that Hatch was arrested for violating the terms of his house arrest. Richard Hatch was previously convicted on charges of tax evasion involving his million dollar Survivor winnings and received a four year sentence. Hatch’s sister, however, believes her brother was arrested again because of what he said during his Today Show interview.
Speaking to co-host Matt Lauer, Richard Hatch said during the Today Show interview that he believes he was jailed partially because he is gay. “I don’t think you or anyone else can deny that we as homosexuals face discrimination,” Hatch said.
“I heard [police] tell Rich that he did an interview, and that’s why he was going back to prison,” Hatch’s sister during an appearance on the Today Show on Wednesday.
Richard Hatch was taken into custody at his sister’s home in Newport, RI. He is currently being held at the Barnstable County Correctional Facility in Bourne, Mass., according to AccessHollywood.com. Hatch’s lawyer claims the Survivor winner had cleared his appearance on the Today Show with federal authorities before the interview.