The death of Adam Goldstein, a.k.a. DJ AM, has been officially ruled an accidental drug overdose by the New York City medical examiner’s office. The announcement released on Tuesday stated DJ AM died of “acute intoxication” from a cocktail of prescription drugs and cocaine.

dj-am1

Celebrity DJ Adam Goldstein was found dead on August 28 in his New York apartment. A crack pipe and prescription pill bottles were reportedly found near his body. DJ AM had been taking at least one prescription to treat anxiety stemming from a tragic plane crash last year that killed four people and left Goldstein with serious burns.

The 36-year-old DJ survived the plane crash, along with Blink 182’s Travis Barker, but was left with ongoing pain and emotional trauma over the accident that killed four of their friends.

The toxicology report released by the New York City medical examiner’s office stated DJ AM had consumed OxyContin or a similar powerful pain killer, Xanax, Ativan, Benadryl and other drugs, along with cocaine, prior to his death. Sadly, Goldstein had recently taped an MTV reality series about drug addiction recovery shortly before his overdose. MTV has not yet decided whether they will air the series.



Subscribe to Snark Food updates on Facebook, Twitter, Email, or RSS