Pete Wentz and Patrick Stump have finally confirmed what has been speculated about for months – Fall Out Boy is no more. In seperate statements, Wentz and Stump announced the band has officially called it quits.

Fall Out Boy (Publicity photo)

Fall Out Boy (Publicity photo)

“As far as I know,” bassist Pete Wentz posted on his blog Tuesday, “Fall Out Boy is on a break… I can’t predict that I’d ever play in Fall Out Boy again.”

Fall Out Boy frontman Patrick Stump told Spin.com he is “not in Fall Out Boy right now” and posted on his Twitter feed that something “would have to change in my head or my heart” for him to ever play with the band again.

Fall Out Boy fans can retain some hope the band will at least get together again, at least briefly, sometime in the future. “One way or another, the band will always be around,” Stump said. Pete Wentz posted a similar sentiment on his blog, saying: “There is a possibility that FOB will play again with or without me.”

>> Previously:  Michael Jackson Children Moving Tribute to Father at 2010 Grammy Awards



Subscribe to Snark Food updates on Facebook, Twitter, Email, or RSS