Jon Gosselin claims his lawyer lied when he said the former Jon & Kate Plus 8 star was trying to wrangle custody of his eight children away from ex-wife Kate Gosselin. The former reality TV dad has reportedly fired attorney Anthony List Sr. and wants to work things out ‘amicably’ with Kate.
Jon Gosselin’s former attorney allegedly told TMZ.com recently that his client wanted primary custody of his kids because Kate Gosselin was an “absentee mom.” Gosselin says Anthony List Sr. went forward with legal filings for custody of the kids without his permission.
“I never wanted primary custody, he [List] filed for that,” Gosselin told TMZ.com on Thursday. “I only wanted a more flexible custody schedule so I could be with my kids.”
Gosselin posted a message to his Twitter account saying he had fired List on April 15. “He has no legal right to speak to the press or anyone on my behalf,” Gosselin Tweeted. Despite rumors of a heated custody battle between them, Jon Gosselin says he and Kate Gosselin are “moving to work out things privately and amicably.”
Gosselin’s former attorney, however, claims he had permission to file for primary custody. “Jon signed off on everything,” List told TMZ.com.
Jon and Kate Gosselin are due in court May 25 for a custody hearing. We hope these two really can put aside their differences for the sake of their kids and stop battling out their crap in the media.
>> Previously:Â Dancing With the Stars Elimination: Kate Gosselin Finally Out!
Subscribe to Snark Food updates on Facebook, Twitter, Email, or RSS