Former Jon & Kate Plus 8 star Jon Gosselin has reportedly agreed to pay back $180,000 he allegedly took without permission from a joint bank account shared with estranged wife Kate Gosselin.

Kate Gosselin claims her soon-to-be ex-husband took $230,000 total out of their joint account without her approval. The financial dispute erupted just days after Jon Gosselin forced TLC to shut down filming of Jon & Kate Plus 8 by revoking his permission for the network to film his children.


In a court appearance over the allegedly missing money, a judge ordered Jon Gosselin to return $180,000 of the funds he took. Marring Kate’s victory somewhat, the judge also ruled she would have to provide accounting for $55,000 she took from the account, supposedly for household expenses. The former couple is due in court Monday as a follow-up to the judge’s ruling. If the terms set out are not met, one or both of them could face contempt charges.

Jon Gosselin’s lawyer informed Kate Gosselin’s attorneys on Friday that he has agreed to repay the remainder of the money the judge told him to give back, $152,000.  Though, according to, the money has not yet exchanged hands. Jon Gosselin has reportedly already repaid $28,000 of the funds.

Kate Gosselin, on the other hand, so far seems to have taken no action regarding the $55,000 Jon Gosselin said she withdrew from the joint account.

“Unless something happens today [with Kate] she will be going through contempt proceedings Monday,” lawyer Mark Heller told People on Friday.

>> Latest: Jon Gosselin Shocked by Kate Ditching Court Hearing

Subscribe to Snark Food updates on Facebook, Twitter, Email, or RSS