Jon and Kate Gosselin headed off to court on Monday over an alleged $230,000 Jon Gosselin reportedly took from the couple’s joint bank account without permission. According to Kate Gosselin’s lawyer, the judge in the case has ordered Jon Gosselin to pay back a large chunk of the money he allegedly withdrew.
Kate Gosselin claimed in an appearance on the Today Show last week that estranged husband Jon Gosselin had taken $230,000 out of their joint bank account without her approval. â€œHe took $230,000 of the $231,000 we had,â€ Kate told Meredith Vieira on The Today Show. â€œI have a stack of bills. The last thing I wanted was to do this show and end up not being able to pay our bills.â€
The monetary dispute erupted just days after Jon Gosselin ordered TLC to stop filming his children for the couple’s former reality TV show Jon & Kate Plus 8. â€œIt has ended our income and our paychecks and our opportunities,â€ Kate Gosselin told Vieira about the shut down. â€œI wish Jon would think more about it.â€ In response to Jon Gosselin’s actions, Kate Gosselin reportedly threatened to go after her soon-to-be ex-husband for spousal and child support.
Kate and Jon Gosselin appeared before a judge on Monday over the money Kate says Jon took without her permission – and Jon has publicly stated he didn’t steal. According to Kate Gosselin’s lawyer, the judge ruled Jon Gosselin had to return $180,000 of the missing money by Oct 26 or face contempt charges. However, the judge also ruled Kate Gosselin must provide an accounting of past expenses to the court by the same due date.
“As difficult as this has been for me, I am pleased that the Court has ruled fairly on behalf of myself and my children,” Kate Gosselin said in a statement issued through her attorney.Â “Now that this matter has been ruled on, I look forward to returning to private arbitration, as we have agreed to do, to resolve any remaining issues.”
Subscribe to Snark Food updates on Facebook, Twitter, Email, or RSS