Nick Nolte escaped a fire that caused an estimated $1.5 million damage to his Malibu home on Tuesday, authorities said. 67 year-old Nick scraped his arm and inhaled some smoke but was not hospitalized, Los Angeles County fire Inspector Sam Padilla said.

The fire was reported at 11:34 a.m. It was apparently an electrical fire that started in the living room, and Nolte apparently tried to put out the fire before firefighters arrived, Padilla said. No word on whether Nick tried to douse it with vodka, or if he was in his pajamas at the time.

Firefighters found Nick outside the house with a hose. Hopefully he didn’t have the hose INSIDE the house first, starting the electrical fire. The county Sheriff’s Department said Nick broke a window to escape his house. At least he was sober enough to get out and not try to grill a steak.

Subscribe to Snark Food updates on Facebook, Twitter, Email, or RSS