Celine Dion, who is a new mother to twin boys, has decided to go back to work, balancing her Vegas show at Caesar’s Palace with parenting. Â She’s having a special nursery area installed backstage, where the boys will be looked after by caregivers when Celine is on stage. Â Leaving them at home with a nanny is not practical, because Celine is still breastfeeding, and she says she’s not willing to give that up just because she has to work.
Good for her – a lot of stars do put their careers before their children, and since she has the money to make this setup work for her, why not?
Celine Dion says she will continue to try to have another child, despite a failed pregnancy from in-vitro fertilization in August. Celine Dion and husband Rene Angelil announced the Canadian superstar was expecting this summer, but unfortunately it turns out the pregnancy didn’t take.
Celine Dion, 41, underwent and Rene Angelil, 67, have one child together, but have desperately been trying to conceive a little brother or sister for son Rene-Charles. Dion reportedly had embryos implanted in August and shortly afterwards went public with the news she was pregnant. Sadly, the couple announced Wednesday that Dion is not expecting after all. Dion reportedly tried again in October, but that attempt was also unsuccesful.
Speaking to the Journal de Montreal, Angelil said Dion’s doctor “believed that the procedure/pregnancy took, but that wasn’t the case. We found out some days later. We were shocked…”
This won’t be the end of the battle for Celine to have another child, however. “We are living the reality of the majority of couples who have to us (IFV). The process can be long and arduous. But today, we are full of confidence. Celine is more determined than ever… You know Celine. She doesn’t let go.”
Angelil said he and Dion will be traveling to New York this weekend to give it another go. “Celine and I didn’t get discouraged… we put our faith in life and in the stars.”
>> Previously: Celine Dion Pregnant with Second Child, Baby Due in May