Jon & Kate Plus 8 is finally gasping its last breaths, but TLC is going to milk Kate Gosselin and her family’s drama for every ounce of blood they can before the show goes dark forever.
With a very limited amount of footage left to wrap up Jon & Kate Plus 8 after Jon Gosselin forced TLC to stop filming, the network is turning to Kate Gosselin to wrap up the show for good. TLC will air a ‘special’ episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8 next week subtitled “You Ask, Kate Answers.” The episode will feature Kate Gosselin answering questions from viewers – or at least, pondering questions from viewers and then saying whatever the hell she wants.
TLC has already received close to 10,000 questions for Kate Gosselin through their website and other sources. On Monday, Kate Gosselin will attempt to conquer some of these questions from viewers – without, of course, making herself look even more pathetic than she already has in the national media.
Even more fun for Kate, she is also due in court Monday morning to battle out financial issues with estranged husband Jon Gosselin after the whole he said/she said public flame war over money dragging on the past few weeks.
With Jon Gosselin still cock-blocking TLC at every opportunity, it’s still shaky whether or not the network will be able to launch their retooled Kate Plus 8 series in November.
>> Latest: Jon Gosselin Shocked by Kate Ditching Court Hearing
Here’s one way Jon Gosselin might hold on to his fame and fortune a bit longer. He can pitch a new reality dating show with Octomom Nadya Suleman!
Turns out Octomom Nadya Suleman – who has 14 kids – has a crush on former Jon & Kate Plus 8 star Jon Gosselin. â€œI kind of have a crush on Jon Gosselin,â€ Suleman told RadarOnline.com. â€œI think heâ€™s hot!â€
We’re sure someone would be willing to cough up the cash to get those two on the air together. Plus, welfare mom Suleman might actually be a step up from alleged fame-whoring, pot-smoking, party girl Hailey Glassman. We think Jon Gosselin should give it serious consideration.
After all, now that Jon Gosselin has managed to get himself fired from TLC and likely won’t be slumming offÂ his estranged wife Kate GosselinÂ or his kids for much longerÂ – he’s looking at a fast road to bankruptcy if he doesn’t find a new gig soon. Plus, he’s going to need some serious influx of cash to battle off TLC, now that they have finally decided to sue his ass for screwing them over in the media.Â
>> Previously: Jon Gosselin Sued by TLC for Contract Breach
TLC will reportedly air the final episodes of Jon & Kate Plus 8 in November. With no end in sight to the ongoing war between Jon and Kate Gosselin, this may spell the end of the TLC reality show for good.
A TLC spokesperson issued a statement to ABCNews.com on Thursday saying “Jon & Kate Plus 8 will be done in mid to late November.” The network has not commented on whether they hope to pursue their idea of revamping the show to focus on Kate Gosselin and the kids.
After TLC announced the network would be renaming the show to Kate Plus 8 and refocusing the series to feature Kate Gosselin in her role as a single mother of eight kids, Jon Gosselin slammed back with a cease and desist order against TLC. The network was forced to stop production when Jon Gosselin revoked his permission allowing them to film his eight children with Kate.
We kind of have to agree with the vulgarity filled rant of former America’s Next Top Model winner Adrianne Curry on this one. “Jon and Kate handled the entire thing wrong, their kids are going to grow up to resent and hate them,” Curry said at the Fox Reality Awards on Tuesday – where Jon & Kate Plus 8 was booed loudly by the audience. “They should hang up their towel and get a real f***ing job to support their children instead of ruining their lives.”
>> Latest: Jon Gosselin Sued by TLC for Contract Breach
TLC has announced they have suspended filming of Jon & Kate Plus 8, or Kate Plus 8 as it will be known starting in November. The network announced the shut down after Jon Gosselin fired off a “cease and desist” letter to TLC demanding they vacate the family home and stop taping his kids.
TLC announced on Monday that Jon & Kate Plus 8 would be revamped as Kate Plus 8 starting in November. The new version of the show will focus on Kate Gosselin and her efforts to raise eight children as a single mother. Estranged husband Jon Gosselin was virtually removed entirely from the show.
Jon Gosselin apparently wasn’t too fond of losing his main source of income and demanded, through his lawyers, that production be shut down. TLC responded Wednesday with a statement saying they are “deeply disappointed at [Jon Gosselin’s] continued erratic behavior.”
“He and the family were shooting as recently as last Friday, without incident, and his latest comments are grossly inaccurate, without merit and are clearly opportunistic,” the statement from TLC read. “Despite Jon Gosselin’s repeated self destructive and unprofessional actions, he remains under an exclusive contract with TLC. Direct filming of the children has been currently suspended, pending further conversations between both parents.”
The drama just continues to mount and we’re betting Jon Gosselin’s appearance on the Larry King Live show Wednesday night is only going to add more fuel to the already out-of-control fire.