Jon Gosselin Sued by TLC for Contract Breach

We knew it was only a matter of time before TLC sued Jon Gosselin for violating the terms of his exclusive contract. Now the former Jon & Kate Plus 8 star will be fighting a squeeze of legal battles on two fronts – with estranged wife Kate Gosselin as the rock and TLC as the hard place.

Jon Gosselin on 'Jon & Kate Plus 8'
Jon Gosselin on 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' - TLC

TLC has filed a breach-of-contract lawsuit against Jon Gosselin in Maryland this week, accusing the former Jon & Kate Plus 8 star of multiple contract violations. TLC alleges Jon Gosselin made paid and unpaid TV appearances without the prior approval of the network. The network is also accusing him of harming the show “with his constant criticisms” about the series.

“The network has been trying privately and patiently for months to get Jon to honor the contract he signed and to comply with his obligations relating to public appearances and statements,” a representative for TLC said in a press statement. “Those efforts have been unsuccessful.” TLC is reportedly seeking to force Jon Gosselin to abide by the terms of his contract and to return any money earned from making unapproved television appearances.

Jon Gosselin’s attorney, Mark Heller, told People on Friday he had not yet seen any legal documents from TLC. “I can’t comment on something I haven’t seen. Jon hasn’t been served yet, either,” he said.   

Kate Gosselin, meanwhile, may be slapping her soon-to-be ex-husband with even more legal tangles soon. Gosselin said in a statement Thursday she is “disturbed” by statements from former babysitter (and alleged Jon Gosselin lover) Stephanie Santoro saying Jon Gosselin admitted to taking money from Kate and has been hacking her e-mails, bank accounts and phone records.

“Ms. Gosselin is carefully considering all of her legal options regarding this matter, and she will pursue them if and when the time is right,” Kate Gosselin’s attorney said in a press statement.

>> Previously: Jon & Kate Plus 8 Off the Air for Good?

Jon & Kate Plus 8 Off the Air for Good?

TLC will reportedly air the final episodes of Jon & Kate Plus 8 in November. With no end in sight to the ongoing war between Jon and Kate Gosselin, this may spell the end of the TLC reality show for good.

jon-kate-plus-8

A TLC spokesperson issued a statement to ABCNews.com on Thursday saying “Jon & Kate Plus 8 will be done in mid to late November.” The network has not commented on whether they hope to pursue their idea of revamping the show to focus on Kate Gosselin and the kids.

After TLC announced the network would be renaming the show to Kate Plus 8 and refocusing the series to feature Kate Gosselin in her role as a single mother of eight kids, Jon Gosselin slammed back with a cease and desist order against TLC. The network was forced to stop production when Jon Gosselin revoked his permission allowing them to film his eight children with Kate.

We kind of have to agree with the vulgarity filled rant of former America’s Next Top Model winner Adrianne Curry on this one. “Jon and Kate handled the entire thing wrong, their kids are going to grow up to resent and hate them,” Curry said at the Fox Reality Awards on Tuesday – where Jon & Kate Plus 8 was booed loudly by the audience. “They should hang up their towel and get a real f***ing job to support their children instead of ruining their lives.”

>> Latest: Jon Gosselin Sued by TLC for Contract Breach

‘Jon & Kate Plus 8’ Show Booed at Reality TV Awards

They say all press is good press, but that isn’t necessarily so for Jon and Kate Gosselin. At the Fox Reality Channel’s Reality Awards Tuesday night, audience members booed when Jon & Kate Plus 8 was announced as a nominee for one of the awards.

jon-and-kate

Jon Gosselin apparently isn’t the only person out there who would like to see Jon & Kate Plus 8 ( or, as TLC planned to rename it, Kate Plus 8 ) taken off the air permanently. The TLC reality show as nominated for ‘Best Reality OMG Moment’ at the Fox Reality Channel Reality Awards in Los Angeles on Tuesday night. When the name of the show was announced, the audience booed loudly in response.

The episode nominated for the award aired on June 23 and featured the announcement from Kate and Jon Gosselin  that they were separating after 10- years of marriage. Ratings for Jon & Kate Plus 8 have plummeted since the divorce drama between Jon and Kate hit the tabloids.

TLC officially shut down production on the show after being slapped with a ‘cease and desist’ letter from Jon Gosselin after the network announced they would be ditching him from the show. As the battle between the Gosselins continues to flame, it looks more and more likely the show may not return to the air.

During this week’s episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8, TLC aired a promo for the next episode stating: “With only a limited number of episodes remaining, Jon and Kate spend quality time with those who matter.”

Latest: Jon Gosselin Sued by TLC for Contract Breach

Jon Gosselin Ordered to Pay Back $180,000 He Took from Joint Account

Jon and Kate Gosselin headed off to court on Monday over an alleged $230,000 Jon Gosselin reportedly took from the couple’s joint bank account without permission. According to Kate Gosselin’s lawyer, the judge in the case has ordered Jon Gosselin to pay back a large chunk of the money he allegedly withdrew.

jon-and-kate-gosselin-copy

Kate Gosselin claimed in an appearance on the Today Show last week that estranged husband Jon Gosselin had taken $230,000 out of their joint bank account without her approval. “He took $230,000 of the $231,000 we had,” Kate told Meredith Vieira on The Today Show. “I have a stack of bills. The last thing I wanted was to do this show and end up not being able to pay our bills.”

The monetary dispute erupted just days after Jon Gosselin ordered TLC to stop filming his children for the couple’s former reality TV show Jon & Kate Plus 8. “It has ended our income and our paychecks and our opportunities,” Kate Gosselin told Vieira about the shut down. “I wish Jon would think more about it.” In response to Jon Gosselin’s actions, Kate Gosselin reportedly threatened to go after her soon-to-be ex-husband for spousal and child support.

Kate and Jon Gosselin appeared before a judge on Monday over the money Kate says Jon took without her permission – and Jon has publicly stated he didn’t steal. According to Kate Gosselin’s lawyer, the judge ruled Jon Gosselin had to return $180,000 of the missing money by Oct 26 or face contempt charges. However, the judge also ruled Kate Gosselin must provide an accounting of past expenses to the court by the same due date.

“As difficult as this has been for me, I am pleased that the Court has ruled fairly on behalf of myself and my children,” Kate Gosselin said in a statement issued through her attorney.  “Now that this matter has been ruled on, I look forward to returning to private arbitration, as we have agreed to do, to resolve any remaining issues.”

Latest: Jon Gosselin Sued by TLC for Contract Breach

Kate Gosselin Wants Child Support and Alimony from Jon Gosselin

Kate Gosselin is pulling out the big guns in her war with estranged husband Jon Gosselin. The Jon & Kate Plus 8 reality mom will reportedly file for both spousal and child support at a court hearing on Tuesday in Pennsylvania.

kate-gosselin2

Kate Gosselin still claims her soon-to-be ex-husband Jon Gosselin stole $230,000 from one of their joint bank accounts. Since Jon Gosselin has denied the alleged theft and refused to return the funds, Kate Gosselin is reportedly ready to launch a full-scale financial war against her ex.

“She needs relief in light of the draining of substantial marital assets in violation of the arbitrator’s decision that the money should be used only for specific purposes,” Kate Gosselin’s lawyer told People.

Kate Gosselin has already filed a motion on Monday for Jon Gosselin to be charged with contempt for withdrawing funds without her approval. She also wants the court to force him to return the money she claims he took without permission.

Ironically enough, Jon Gosselin joked back in May that he would never get divorced because he’d have to pay child support for eight children. We’re betting he’s rethinking that whole ploy to have Jon & Kate Plus 8 shut down. Obviously if Kate Gosselin can’t get her paycheck from TLC, she’ll happily bleed Jon for all he’s worth instead!

Latest: Jon Gosselin Sued by TLC for Contract Breach

Kate Gosselin Mocks Paparazzi on Jay Leno

Embattled Jon & Kate Plus 8 star Kate Gosselin took to the Jay Leno Show Wednesday to poke fun at herself and mock the ever-hounding paparazzi. Honestly, we can’t decide if the whole bit is pathetically sad or amusingly entertaining.

kate-gosselin1

In a skit featuring Jay Leno and his ‘JMZ’ crew, Kate Gosselin gives the mock camera paps a taste of her ‘mommy’ skills when they won’t leave her alone. (Nice nod to Gosselin-hounders TMZ.com there.) The fake paparazzi catch up with Kate Gosselin in a grocery store parking lot, where she unleashes the dreaded ‘mommy’ upon them in a “MILF meltdown.”

“Seriously, I’m exhausted. Leave me alone. Hey, what did mommy say? I asked you to stop taking pictures and you continued,” Gosselin tells the mock paps in her usual droll, slightly pissed off tone. Then she sentences the paparazzi to a “time out” with her “weird mom powers.”

Our favorite line: “Her hair looks like she fights crime in space.”

>> Previously: Law & Order to Spoof Kate and Jon Gosselin Drama

Law & Order to Spoof Kate and Jon Gosselin Drama

Fans of Law & Order know how much the show’s writers love to pull storylines for the series straight from the latest headlines. Well, it looks like Kate and Jon Gosselin are the next targets of the Law & Order ‘treatment’ twist.

jon-and-kate-gosselin

A new Law & Order episode will be skimming from the fodder of recent tabloid headlines about the Gosselins and Octomom Nadya Suleman to thrill and titillate viewers. The infamous Jon & Kate Plus 8 stars Jon and Kate Gosselin will be spoofed in the episode “Reality Bites,” airing Oct 16. The episode will feature Jim Gaffigan as Larry Johnson, a single dad forced to raise 10 kids by himself after his wife is brutally murdered.

The problem is, the “dad” apparently wanted to sign up his kids to star on a TV reality show, but the “mom” didn’t want to do it. After the wife is murdered, dad signs up the kiddies for Larry Plus 10 – a show all about his terrible struggles as a newly single father with 10 kids.

The episode will also feature a Nadya Suleman lookalike with 10 kids who wanted the reality show contract, but lost it to Johnson.

We can’t wait. A television drama exploiting the reality TV exploitation of children by their parents. Too priceless.

>> Previously: Jon Gosselin Empties Joint Account with Kate of $230,000