Kate Gosselin Says Dancing With the Stars Not More Important than Kids

Appearing on NBC’s Today show on Tuesday, Kate Gosselin said being a single mom has left her with no choice but to take gigs like Dancing With the Stars. Gosselin said she is not choosing fame over her kids, but she “has to provide” somehow for her eight children.

Kate Gosselin and Tony Dovolani (ABC)
Kate Gosselin and Tony Dovolani (ABC)

“I’ve got to work harder now than ever because I am a single mom,” Kate Gosselin said on the Today show. “In my heart, I’m always in my kitchen, baking and cooking for my kids, and I’ll always be there,” Gosselin said. “It’s a struggle to be here [in New York], to be anywhere… The emotion that you see is because I would rather be at home with them.”

“It’s a struggle that every working mom, especially single moms, go through, and I’m really feeling it now, and it’s really hard,” Gosselin added.

In addition to appearing on Dancing With the Stars, Kate Gosselin is also practicing constantly with partner Tony Dovolani at home in her basement and promoting her new book, I Just Want You to Know. Gosselin says that she does everything she can to make time for her kids when she is not working.

“I am on the first flight as soon as the show lets me out, and that’s my night of sleep. I get home, and I dance, and I am done by the time they get home from school, and I spend the rest of the week with them,” she said. “But I make the most of every minute I have with them… When I’m home, we make those little spots of time really big in our memories.”

Kate Gosselin and ex-husband Jon Gosselin are due in court May 25 for a custody hearing on the former couple’s eight children. Jon Gosselin has filed a motion seeking primary custody of the kids, calling his ex-wife an “absentee mom.”

>> Previously:  Jon Gosselin Wants to Reunite with Kate Gosselin on TV


Bookmark and Share

Jon Gosselin Wants to Reunite with Kate Gosselin on TV

Jon Gosselin is apparently eager to get back with ex-wife Kate Gosselin – at least on TV. The former Jon & Kate Plus 8 reality TV dad says he is “definitely open” to co-starring with his former wife on a new TV project.

Of course, since Jon Gosselin is reportedly preparing to sue Kate Gosselin for full custody of their kids, we’re thinking she’s probably not very open to that idea. Still, Jon Gosselin doesn’t seem to think a little thing like a nasty custody battle should interfere in his quest to get back on television.

Jon Gosselin (Photo: Jrcla2 - Source: Wikimedia Commons)
Jon Gosselin (Photo: Jrcla2 - Source: Wikimedia Commons)

Gosselin’s attorney told TMZ.com his client would certainly be happy to consider co-starring with his ex-wife on a new TV program “under the right circumstances.” One condition of such collaboration, Gosselin’s attorney said, would be a much “tighter” contract. Jon Gosselin got slammed by TLC not long ago for allegedly breaching his contract with the network by doing interviews and endorsements without their permission.

Last week, Jon Gosselin’s lawyer revealed the former reality TV dad was preparing to sue Kate Gosselin for full custody of their eight children because her quest for fame is “damaging his kids.” Gosselin claims his ex-wife is an “absentee mom” who cares more about her career than the welfare of her children, citing her gig on Dancing With the Stars as an example.

Then, naturally, Jon Gosselin turns right around and talks about how he wants to get some of that fame back for himself. Well, considering he’s unemployed and paying out huge loads of cash to Kate Gosselin in spousal support, we’re not surprised. We’re pretty sure Kate Gosselin will be telling him to stuff it all the way around. And a judge isn’t likely to award full custody of their kids to a man with pretty much no job and a shaky string of girlfriends rotating through his door.

>> Previously:  Kate Gosselin New Show on TLC Makes Us Nauseous


Bookmark and Share