Former Jon & Kate Plus 8 star Jon Gosselin is suing TLC over claims the network has interfered with his ability to earn a living. Because, according to court papers filed by Gosselin’s attorney, the reality TV dad is too famous to get a real job and TLC is interfering with his entertainment career.
No, seriously. In court documents filed last week, Jon Gosselin claims he has been left “without the ability to secure non-entertainment related engagements” because of the tabloid frenzy resulting from the drama surrounding Jon & Kate Plus 8 and his impending divorce from estranged wife Kate Gosselin.
Gosselin says the “enormous media interest, cameras, reporters and public interest makes it impossible to carry on normal daily activities, let alone find, secure and maintain a job…” Well, we have to admit, after all his fame-whoring, womanizing and nasty bad-mouthing in the press, we wouldn’t want to hire him to clean our toilets.
TLC filed a lawsuit earlier this month claiming Jon Gosselin breached his exclusive contract with the network by making media appearances without their permission. In his countersuit against TLC, Jon Gosselin claims the network has damaged his reputation and good name and caused him “lost business opportunities and “lost profits.” Funny, we thought Jon Gosselin was doing a really good job of tarnishing his own name and reputation without any help at all from TLC.
Gosselin also claims TLC violated Pennsylvania’s child labor laws and did not compensate his family enough for their work on Jon & Kate Plus 8.
Jon Gosselin is scheduled to appear in court on Dec. 14 for a hearing on the TLC lawsuit against him for violating his contract.
TLC is ready to give a smack down to former Jon & Kate Plus 8 star Jon Gosselin in court – and they’re dragging girlfriend Hailey Glassman into the fight. TLC has subpoenaed Glassman and Gosselin’s guy pal Michael Lohan into court as witnesses in the network’s breach of contract lawsuit against the reality TV dad.
TLC filed the lawsuit against Jon Gosselin last month, claiming the JonÂ & Kate Plus 8 star violated his contract agreements by making TV appearances without the network’s permission. Gosselin is scheduled to appear in court on December 14. TLC has filed subpoenas for his girlfriend, Hailey Glassman and friend Michael Lohan, as well as Gosselin’s lawyer, bodyguard and talent agent, to also appear in court as witnesses against him.
Michael Lohan, who has stirred up controversy himself in an ongoing battle with daughterLindsay Lohan, has been called in to testify about business dealings with Jon Gosselin. Lohan has publicly stated he was working on an idea for a reality show about divorced dads with Gosselin at one point.
As for Hailey Glassman, she could prove bad news for her on-again, off-again boyfriend. Obviously she has no problems talking about things that make Jon Gosselin look bad in the press. Just recently, Glassman appeared in a TV interviewand called Gosselin “emotionally abusive” and prone to “mantrums”.
We knew it was only a matter of time before TLC sued Jon Gosselin for violating the terms of his exclusive contract. Now the former Jon & Kate Plus 8 star will be fighting a squeeze of legal battles on two fronts – with estranged wife Kate Gosselin as the rock and TLC as the hard place.
TLC has filed a breach-of-contract lawsuit against Jon Gosselin in Maryland this week, accusing the former Jon & Kate Plus 8 star of multiple contract violations. TLC alleges Jon Gosselin made paid and unpaid TV appearances without the prior approval of the network. The network is also accusing him of harming the show “with his constant criticisms” about the series.
“The network has been trying privately and patiently for months to get Jon to honor the contract he signed and to comply with his obligations relating to public appearances and statements,” a representative for TLC said in a press statement. “Those efforts have been unsuccessful.” TLC is reportedly seeking to force Jon Gosselin to abide by the terms of his contract and to return any money earned from making unapproved television appearances.
Jon Gosselin’s attorney, Mark Heller, told People on Friday he had not yet seen any legal documents from TLC. “I can’t comment on something I haven’t seen. Jon hasn’t been served yet, either,” he said.Â Â Â
Kate Gosselin, meanwhile, may be slapping her soon-to-be ex-husband with even more legal tangles soon. Gosselin said in a statement Thursday she is “disturbed” by statements from former babysitter (and alleged Jon Gosselin lover) Stephanie Santoro saying Jon Gosselin admitted to taking money from Kate and has been hacking her e-mails, bank accounts and phone records.
“Ms. Gosselin is carefully considering all of her legal options regarding this matter, and she will pursue them if and when the time is right,” Kate Gosselin’s attorney said in a press statement.