Former Jon & Kate Plus 8 star Jon Gosselin was reportedly “shocked” when estranged wife Kate Gosselin decided to ditch a court hearing Monday morning to attend a book signing. The Gosselins were due in court to settle a dispute over $230,000 Jon Gosselin allegedly took from a joint bank account without permission.
Jon Gosselin declared in court Monday he had returned $180,000Â he had withdrawn from the former couple’s bank account to comply with a previous order from the judge in the ongoing financial dispute. Kate Gosselin, who was also scheduled to appear, was MIA – attending a women’s conference and book signing in California.
Blasting Kate Gosselin for not showing up, Jon Gosselin said his estranged wife has still not accounted for $33,000 she took from the joint account. Kate’s attorney, Cheryl Young, said the arbitrator in the couple’s divorce had not asked for her client to explain her usage of the funds and said she is “fully compliant.”
Jon wasn’t the only one pissed off by Kate’s blow-off, his laywer went on a full-out tirade about the woman he calls “the old lady who lived in the shoe.”
Former Jon & Kate Plus 8 star Jon Gosselin has reportedly agreed to pay back $180,000 he allegedly took without permission from a joint bank account shared with estranged wife Kate Gosselin.
Kate Gosselin claims her soon-to-be ex-husband took $230,000 total out of their joint account without her approval. The financial dispute erupted just days after Jon Gosselin forced TLC to shut down filming of Jon & Kate Plus 8 by revoking his permission for the network to film his children.
In a court appearance over the allegedly missing money, a judge ordered Jon Gosselin to return $180,000 of the funds he took. Marring Kate’s victory somewhat, the judge also ruled she would have to provide accounting for $55,000 she took from the account, supposedly for household expenses. The former couple is due in court Monday as a follow-up to the judge’s ruling. If the terms set out are not met, one or both of them could face contempt charges.
Jon Gosselin’s lawyer informed Kate Gosselin’s attorneys on Friday that he has agreed to repay the remainder of the money the judge told him to give back, $152,000.Â Though, according to TMZ.com, the money has not yet exchanged hands. Jon Gosselin has reportedly already repaid $28,000 of the funds.
Kate Gosselin, on the other hand, so far seems to have taken no action regarding the $55,000 Jon Gosselin said she withdrew from the joint account.
“Unless something happens today [with Kate] she will be going through contempt proceedings Monday,” lawyer Mark Heller told People on Friday.
Jon & Kate Plus 8 is finally gasping its last breaths, but TLC is going to milk Kate Gosselin and her family’s drama for every ounce of blood they can before the show goes dark forever.
With a very limited amount of footage left to wrap up Jon & Kate Plus 8 after Jon Gosselin forced TLC to stop filming, the network is turning to Kate Gosselin to wrap up the show for good. TLC will air a ‘special’ episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8 next week subtitled “You Ask, Kate Answers.” The episode will feature Kate Gosselin answering questions from viewers – or at least, pondering questions from viewers and then saying whatever the hell she wants.
TLC has already received close to 10,000 questions for Kate Gosselin through their website and other sources. On Monday, Kate Gosselin will attempt to conquer some of these questions from viewers – without, of course, making herself look even more pathetic than she already has in the national media.
Even more fun for Kate, she is also due in court Monday morning to battle out financial issues with estranged husband Jon Gosselin after the whole he said/she said public flame war over money dragging on the past few weeks.
With Jon Gosselin still cock-blocking TLC at every opportunity, it’s still shaky whether or not the network will be able to launch their retooled Kate Plus 8 series in November.
Here’s one way Jon Gosselin might hold on to his fame and fortune a bit longer. He can pitch a new reality dating show with Octomom Nadya Suleman!
Turns out Octomom Nadya Suleman – who has 14 kids – has a crush on former Jon & Kate Plus 8 star Jon Gosselin. â€œI kind of have a crush on Jon Gosselin,â€ Suleman told RadarOnline.com. â€œI think heâ€™s hot!â€
We’re sure someone would be willing to cough up the cash to get those two on the air together. Plus, welfare mom Suleman might actually be a step up from alleged fame-whoring, pot-smoking, party girl Hailey Glassman. We think Jon Gosselin should give it serious consideration.
After all, now that Jon Gosselin has managed to get himself fired from TLC and likely won’t be slumming offÂ his estranged wife Kate GosselinÂ or his kids for much longerÂ – he’s looking at a fast road to bankruptcy if he doesn’t find a new gig soon. Plus, he’s going to need some serious influx of cash to battle off TLC, now that they have finally decided to sue his ass for screwing them over in the media.Â
TLC will reportedly air the final episodes of Jon & Kate Plus 8 in November. With no end in sight to the ongoing war between Jon and Kate Gosselin, this may spell the end of the TLC reality show for good.
A TLC spokesperson issued a statement to ABCNews.com on Thursday saying “Jon & Kate Plus 8 will be done in mid to late November.” The network has not commented on whether they hope to pursue their idea of revamping the show to focus on Kate Gosselin and the kids.
After TLC announced the network would be renaming the show to Kate Plus 8 and refocusing the series to feature Kate Gosselin in her role as a single mother of eight kids, Jon Gosselin slammed back with a cease and desist order against TLC. The network was forced to stop production when Jon Gosselin revoked his permission allowing them to film his eight children with Kate.
We kind of have to agree with the vulgarity filled rant of former America’s Next Top Model winner Adrianne Curry on this one. “Jon and Kate handled the entire thing wrong, their kids are going to grow up to resent and hate them,” Curry said at the Fox Reality Awards on Tuesday – where Jon & Kate Plus 8 was booed loudly by the audience. “They should hang up their towel and get a real f***ing job to support their children instead of ruining their lives.”
They say all press is good press, but that isn’t necessarily so for Jon and Kate Gosselin. At the Fox Reality Channel’s Reality Awards Tuesday night, audience members booed when Jon & Kate Plus 8 was announced as a nominee for one of the awards.
Jon Gosselin apparently isn’t the only person out there who would like to see Jon & Kate Plus 8 ( or, as TLC planned to rename it, Kate Plus 8 ) taken off the air permanently. The TLC reality show as nominated for ‘Best Reality OMG Moment’ at the Fox Reality Channel Reality Awards in Los Angeles on Tuesday night. When the name of the show was announced, the audience booed loudly in response.
The episode nominated for the award aired on June 23 and featured the announcement from Kate and Jon GosselinÂ that they were separating after 10- years of marriage. Ratings for Jon & Kate Plus 8 have plummeted since the divorce drama between Jon and Kate hit the tabloids.
TLC officially shut down production on the show after being slapped with a ‘cease and desist’ letter from Jon Gosselin after the network announced they would be ditching him from the show. As the battle between the Gosselins continues to flame, it looks more and more likely the show may not return to the air.
During this week’s episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8, TLC aired a promo for the next episode stating: “With only a limited number of episodes remaining, Jon and Kate spend quality time with those who matter.”
Jon and Kate Gosselin headed off to court on Monday over an alleged $230,000 Jon Gosselin reportedly took from the couple’s joint bank account without permission. According to Kate Gosselin’s lawyer, the judge in the case has ordered Jon Gosselin to pay back a large chunk of the money he allegedly withdrew.
Kate Gosselin claimed in an appearance on the Today Show last week that estranged husband Jon Gosselin had taken $230,000 out of their joint bank account without her approval. â€œHe took $230,000 of the $231,000 we had,â€ Kate told Meredith Vieira on The Today Show. â€œI have a stack of bills. The last thing I wanted was to do this show and end up not being able to pay our bills.â€
The monetary dispute erupted just days after Jon Gosselin ordered TLC to stop filming his children for the couple’s former reality TV show Jon & Kate Plus 8. â€œIt has ended our income and our paychecks and our opportunities,â€ Kate Gosselin told Vieira about the shut down. â€œI wish Jon would think more about it.â€ In response to Jon Gosselin’s actions, Kate Gosselin reportedly threatened to go after her soon-to-be ex-husband for spousal and child support.
Kate and Jon Gosselin appeared before a judge on Monday over the money Kate says Jon took without her permission – and Jon has publicly stated he didn’t steal. According to Kate Gosselin’s lawyer, the judge ruled Jon Gosselin had to return $180,000 of the missing money by Oct 26 or face contempt charges. However, the judge also ruled Kate Gosselin must provide an accounting of past expenses to the court by the same due date.
“As difficult as this has been for me, I am pleased that the Court has ruled fairly on behalf of myself and my children,” Kate Gosselin said in a statement issued through her attorney.Â “Now that this matter has been ruled on, I look forward to returning to private arbitration, as we have agreed to do, to resolve any remaining issues.”