‘Jon & Kate Plus 8’ Show Booed at Reality TV Awards

They say all press is good press, but that isn’t necessarily so for Jon and Kate Gosselin. At the Fox Reality Channel’s Reality Awards Tuesday night, audience members booed when Jon & Kate Plus 8 was announced as a nominee for one of the awards.

jon-and-kate

Jon Gosselin apparently isn’t the only person out there who would like to see Jon & Kate Plus 8 ( or, as TLC planned to rename it, Kate Plus 8 ) taken off the air permanently. The TLC reality show as nominated for ‘Best Reality OMG Moment’ at the Fox Reality Channel Reality Awards in Los Angeles on Tuesday night. When the name of the show was announced, the audience booed loudly in response.

The episode nominated for the award aired on June 23 and featured the announcement from Kate and Jon Gosselin  that they were separating after 10- years of marriage. Ratings for Jon & Kate Plus 8 have plummeted since the divorce drama between Jon and Kate hit the tabloids.

TLC officially shut down production on the show after being slapped with a ‘cease and desist’ letter from Jon Gosselin after the network announced they would be ditching him from the show. As the battle between the Gosselins continues to flame, it looks more and more likely the show may not return to the air.

During this week’s episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8, TLC aired a promo for the next episode stating: “With only a limited number of episodes remaining, Jon and Kate spend quality time with those who matter.”

Latest: Jon Gosselin Sued by TLC for Contract Breach

Jon Gosselin Ordered to Pay Back $180,000 He Took from Joint Account

Jon and Kate Gosselin headed off to court on Monday over an alleged $230,000 Jon Gosselin reportedly took from the couple’s joint bank account without permission. According to Kate Gosselin’s lawyer, the judge in the case has ordered Jon Gosselin to pay back a large chunk of the money he allegedly withdrew.

jon-and-kate-gosselin-copy

Kate Gosselin claimed in an appearance on the Today Show last week that estranged husband Jon Gosselin had taken $230,000 out of their joint bank account without her approval. “He took $230,000 of the $231,000 we had,” Kate told Meredith Vieira on The Today Show. “I have a stack of bills. The last thing I wanted was to do this show and end up not being able to pay our bills.”

The monetary dispute erupted just days after Jon Gosselin ordered TLC to stop filming his children for the couple’s former reality TV show Jon & Kate Plus 8. “It has ended our income and our paychecks and our opportunities,” Kate Gosselin told Vieira about the shut down. “I wish Jon would think more about it.” In response to Jon Gosselin’s actions, Kate Gosselin reportedly threatened to go after her soon-to-be ex-husband for spousal and child support.

Kate and Jon Gosselin appeared before a judge on Monday over the money Kate says Jon took without her permission – and Jon has publicly stated he didn’t steal. According to Kate Gosselin’s lawyer, the judge ruled Jon Gosselin had to return $180,000 of the missing money by Oct 26 or face contempt charges. However, the judge also ruled Kate Gosselin must provide an accounting of past expenses to the court by the same due date.

“As difficult as this has been for me, I am pleased that the Court has ruled fairly on behalf of myself and my children,” Kate Gosselin said in a statement issued through her attorney.  “Now that this matter has been ruled on, I look forward to returning to private arbitration, as we have agreed to do, to resolve any remaining issues.”

Latest: Jon Gosselin Sued by TLC for Contract Breach

Kate Gosselin Wants Child Support and Alimony from Jon Gosselin

Kate Gosselin is pulling out the big guns in her war with estranged husband Jon Gosselin. The Jon & Kate Plus 8 reality mom will reportedly file for both spousal and child support at a court hearing on Tuesday in Pennsylvania.

kate-gosselin2

Kate Gosselin still claims her soon-to-be ex-husband Jon Gosselin stole $230,000 from one of their joint bank accounts. Since Jon Gosselin has denied the alleged theft and refused to return the funds, Kate Gosselin is reportedly ready to launch a full-scale financial war against her ex.

“She needs relief in light of the draining of substantial marital assets in violation of the arbitrator’s decision that the money should be used only for specific purposes,” Kate Gosselin’s lawyer told People.

Kate Gosselin has already filed a motion on Monday for Jon Gosselin to be charged with contempt for withdrawing funds without her approval. She also wants the court to force him to return the money she claims he took without permission.

Ironically enough, Jon Gosselin joked back in May that he would never get divorced because he’d have to pay child support for eight children. We’re betting he’s rethinking that whole ploy to have Jon & Kate Plus 8 shut down. Obviously if Kate Gosselin can’t get her paycheck from TLC, she’ll happily bleed Jon for all he’s worth instead!

Latest: Jon Gosselin Sued by TLC for Contract Breach