More details emerging from the official Michael Jackson autopsy report show the pop icon was reportedly “fairly healthy” for a 50-year-old man. Jackson’s death was ruled a homicide from an overdose of the anesthetic Propofol and sedative Lorazepam.
According to new information released from the Michael Jackson autopsy report, the singer was in relatively good health for his age and height. However, Jackson’s body was punctured by needle marks and he did suffer from lung damage and arthritis. No illegal drugs or alcohol was found in his system, although earlier reports indicate marijuana was found in Jackson’s home at the time of his death.
The report also states Michael Jackson had numerous scars, including scars around his face that may have been caused by plastic surgery. The singer also reportedly had tattoos under his eyes, his eyebrows and across his head, where Jackson was reportedly going bald.
The full autopsy report remains sealed and no one has yet been charged with Jackson’s homicide. The drugs contributing to Jackson’s death were administered by his personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray, who currently remains a target of investigation over his treatment of Jackson.
The death of Michael Jackson has been ruled a homicide by drug overdose, according to a press statement released by the Los Angeles Coroner’s office on Friday.
The body of Michael Jackson contained a lethal dose of the powerful anesthetic drug propofol along with a cocktail of other prescription drugs, according to officialÂ autopsy results from the Los Angeles Coroner’s office. The official cause of death was listed in the press statement as acute intoxication from the anesthetic propofol. Because the fatal drug overdose contributing to Michael Jackson’s death was administered by a second party, the death of the pop icon has been ruled a homicide.
“The drugs Propofol and Lorazepam (Ativan) were found to be the primary drugs responsible for Mr. Jackson’s death. Other drugs detected were: Midazolam (Versed), Diazepam (Valium), Lidocaine (topical anesthetic) and Ephedrine,” the report from the coroner’s office concluded. The statement from the coroner’s office alsoÂ detailed “other conditions contributing to death: Benzodiazepine effect.” Benzodiazepine is used to treat insomnia and anxiety. The final Michael Jackson autopsy results and toxicology test information is currently under a security hold by request from the Los Angeles Police Department and the Los Angeles County District Attorney.
The coroner’s determination that Michael Jackson died from a lethal overdose of propofol was first leaked last week by an unidentified police official.
Michael Jackson’s personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray has admitted to administering propofol and other prescription drugs to the singers in the hours shortly before his death, according to court documents recently released to the media. Murray is currently being investigated on possible manslaughter charges.
Searches of Michael Jackson’s home following his death revealed a large collection of drugs, including marijuana and a slew of prescription medications. The offices and home of Dr. Conrad Murray were also searched for evidence regarding his treatment of the late pop icon.
In addition to the drugs provided to him by Dr. Conrad Murray, evidence is mounting the singer was also provided with prescriptions by Jackson’s dermatologist Dr. Arnold Klein – illegally obtained in his own name and passed on to the singer. Dr. Arnold Klein is one of several men theorized to possibly have fathered one or more of Michael Jackson’s children. Klein admits he donated sperm in the past, but says he did not specifically donate with the intention of fathering children for Michael Jackson and does not know if he may be their biological father.
Dr. Conrad Murray reportedly admitted to police officials that he administered the powerful anesthetic drug Propofol to Michael Jackson shortly before the singer’s death. According to unidentified police sources, Murray allegedly gave Michael Jackson an intravenous drip of Propofol, also known as Diprivan, just hours before he died.
Unofficial reports ‘leaked’ by unnamed police sources claim that the Propofol injection was likely the cause of Jackson’s demise. Official autopsy results are expected to be released later this week.
According to MTV.com, Dr. Conrad Murray told the Los Angeles Police Department several days after Jackson died that he had given the drug to the pop icon. Court documents indicate police are currently investigating Murray for possible manslaughter charges in connection to Jackson’s death. Last week, police raided Murray’s office and a storage locker, seizing files relating to the doctor’s treatment of Jackson. On Tuesday, police arrived at Dr. Conrad Murray’s home with a search warrant for the property in a quest for additional evidence in the case.
Murray’s lawyer, Edward Chernoff, stated on Monday that everyone “needs to take a breath and wait for these long delayed toxicology results.” Refusing to comment on the latest allegations against Dr. Conrad Murray, Chernoff said “things tend to shake out when all the facts are made known, and I’m sure that will happen here as well.”
Propofol is an extremely powerful anestheticÂ normally used to put patients under in advance of surgery. The drug is generally not supposed to be used outside of a hospital setting, where a patient can be monitored by an EKG and pulse oximeter. Neither of these safety devices were reportedly found in Jackson’s home at the time of his death.