Anders Behring Breivik, who is suspected of killing 76 people in a bombing in Oslo and shooting attack at a youth camp, has been ordered into total isolation while he is being held in custody.
In a closed hearing on Monday, Judge Kim Heger ordered Anders Breivik into total isolation while he is detained. The terrorist suspect will not be allowed any visits, letters or access to the media of any kind.
Carrying two guns and dressed as a police official, Breivik allegedly murdered 68 people at a Labor Party youth camp on Utoeya island near Oslo. Eight more people died from a car bombing outside of the main government building in Oslo earlier in the day.
Anders Breivik has reportedly acknowledged he is responsible for the Oslo bombing and youth camp shooting in Utoeya that claimed 76 lives. He has not, however, pleaded guilty to the charges against him, saying he had to carry out these attacks to save Normay and Europe.
Judge Heger stated that Breivik “intended to induce the greatest possible loss to the Labor Party so it in the future would limit recruitment” with his attacks in Oslo and at the youth camp. â€œThe operation was not intended to kill as many people as possible, but to give â€˜a sharp signalâ€™ to the people that canâ€™t be misunderstood,â€ Heger said.
In speaking about his actions, Breivik said: â€œAs long as the Labor Party follows its ideological line and continues to deconstruct Norwegian culture and import Muslims en masse so they must take responsibility for this treason.â€
He has also claimed there are “two more cells in our organization,” although authorities still do not have any firm evidence Breivik had accomplicies in the attacks at this point.
â€œHe said he believed his actions were atrocious, but in his head they were necessary,â€ Breivikâ€™s defense lawyer Geir Lippestad told Norwayâ€™s TV2.
The horrifying aftermath of a possible terrorist attack in Norway can be seen inÂ scores of Oslo explosion videos flooding onto the Net. Massive amounts of debris litters the street in front of the government headquarters in Oslo, where an explosion tore through the building just before 3:30PM local time on Friday. According to the latest reports, at least 8 people were injured and the death toll may have risen to two.Â According toÂ police officials, theÂ explosion may have been a terrorist attack with a car bomb.
The Oslo explosion left several injured and at least one person dead. Norwegian State Secretary Kristian Amundsen told the BBC that some people may still be trapped in the buildings damaged by the blast. Dozens of Oslo explosion videos showing the aftermath of the possible terrorist attack have already made their way to the Net.
In this video taken directly after the Oslo explosion, people can be seen wandering through the wreckage-littered street in confusion. The rising sounds of sirens can be heard while a lone police or security officer directs people away from the damaged area.
A video from a what appears to be a personal camera or cell phone shows crowds of people hovering anxiously near the scene of the bombing. One clip shows what appears to be an injured person being treated on a sidewalk. A zoomed in view of the damaged area shows broken glass and other debris littering the street, while the building next to it gapes open with nearly all its windows blown out.
A video report from Sky News shows people fleeing from the explosion area and a cloud of black smoke emerging from one building. According to reports, the smoke was rising from a building housing the oil ministry, which caught on fire from the blast.
No one has yet claimed responsibility for the explosion, which police now believe the blast was most likely caused by a car bomb. The explosion is believed to have occurred just outside the Prime Minister’s office at the government headquarters building. The Norwegian government has been allegedly targeted by Al Qaeda for their actions against alleged members of the terrorist group.
A huge explosion outside the government headquarters building in Oslo, Norway on Friday has left several injured and at least one person dead. The enormousÂ Oslo explosionÂ tore into in the 20-story government building, which houses the prime minister’s office, and damaged several other nearby buildings. TheÂ explosion also ignited a fire in a six-story building housing the oil ministry.
“There has been one or several powerful explosions in the government district in Oslo,” Oslo police said in a press statement. “So far, police cannot say anything about the scope of the damage, aside from that there’s been one or several explosions.”
An official cause of the OsloÂ explosion, which occurred shortly before 3:30PM local time, has not yet been determined. The street next to the damaged buildings was piled with debris and the blackened, smoking wreckage of a car can be seen in some photos and video from the scene. This has lead some to speculate the explosion may have been a car bomb terrorist attack.
Oslo explosion aftermath video footage – YouTube.com
Witness accounts are conflicting at this point and it is unclear whether there might have been more than one explosion. Some at the site have reported hearing one large explosion, while others have stated they heard at least two loud bangs.
Norwegian State Secretary Kristian Amundsen told the BBC that officials believe “there are still people in the buildings” damaged by the explosion. “I can’t go into details,” he said.
Prime minister Jens Stoltenberg was not in his office at the time of the Oslo explosion and is safe, a government spokesperson said in a press statement. However, several others were injured and at least one person was killed.