Photos from the site where remains found thought to be Caylee Anthony’s
Just breaking now, a bombshell twist in the case of missing tot Caylee Anthony. Captain Angelo Nieves of the Orange County Police department revealed that the utility worker who discovered remains in a bag a week ago, called in tips 3 TIMES in August. All of the tips were for the location where he eventually found the skeletal remains. Incredibly, Captain Nieves says that there is nothing suspicious about the worker, and that he is not a person of interest in this case.
Captain Nieves said that they have not even fingerprinted the worker. â€œHe is not a suspect in this case,â€ Nieves said early Thursday evening. â€œHe is a credible witness and we consider him so at the Orange County Sheriffâ€™s Office.â€ Last week, the story was, that the worker had gone into the wooded, vacant lot near the Anthony home to relieve himself. Today, the story is that he was “curious”. This case gets stranger and stranger. This man may have no culpability at all in this case, and no accusation of such has been made. But twice, when he called authorities, they responded and the “site was cleared”.
Was this bad work by whomever “cleared” the site? Did this man help Casey Anthony? Is this some other poor little girl’s remains? Was the worker just seeing if anyone had followed up on his tip when he found the remains? This is a densely vegetated site. Still, very, very unusual stuff going on. The defense may have a field day with this, especially since investigators have not allowed them to have any access to the site.
Authorities are expected to release the results of forensic tests on the remains at any time now. New photos of the crime scene are posted here at the Orange County Sheriff’s Website.