Tiger Woods will be speaking out for the first time since his freakish Thanksgiving car crash on Friday. Woods will not, however, be answering any questions from the press. Woods’ agent, Mark Steinberg, says the press event is part of the golfer’s “process of making amends” to his fans.
â€œWhile Tiger feels that what happened is fundamentally a matter between he and his wife [Elin Nordegren], he also recognizes that he has hurt and let down a lot of other people who were close to him,â€ Mark Steinberg said in a press statement on Wednesday. â€œHe also let down his fans. He wants to begin the process of making amends and thatâ€™s what heâ€™s going to discuss.â€Â
‘Discuss’ is a relative term here. Tiger Woods will not take any questions from the sparse collection of media approved to attend the event. Only one camera will be allowed in the room while Tiger Woods reads some kind of apology statement and talks about his next move.
The Tiger Woods non-press conference will take place at the Accenture sponsored Match Play Championship in Arizona. We can’t help but note that Accenture was the first sponsor to boot Tiger Woods after his illicit sexual activities with various alleged mistresses first hit the press.
Woods could have come out and said his piece anytime, anywhere and the world would have stopped to listen. So we can only feel it is more than a bit rude that he decided to hog the spotlight during an event sponsored by a company that gave him the boot as their representative over the whole sex scandal thing.
>> Previously:Â Tiger Woods Mistress Joslyn James Says She Got Pregnant Twice
4 thoughts on “Tiger Woods Press Event Disrupts Former Sponsor’s Golf Tournament”
People need to stop letting this be a distraction and let the guy golf
Comments are closed.