The official Whitney Houston cause of death was not listed on her death certificate filed with Los Angeles County. So far, nothing conclusive has been ruled as the reason why the 48-year-old superstar died, although a combination of drugs and alcohol is suspected. An official cause of death will likely not be released until toxicology results from the Whitney Houston autopsy are completed in four to six weeks.
The Whitney Houston death certificate filed in Los Angeles County by Deputy Coroner Regina M. Augustine lists the singer as an “entertainer” in the “entertainment” industry with an Associate Degree as her highest level of education achieved. The document also lists her as “divorced” and currently residing in Alpharetta, Georgia. Her family on the certificate is listed as Bobbi Kristina Brown, her daughter with ex-husband Bobby Brown, father John Russell Houston, and mother Emily Cissy Drinkard. Several parts of the document, including Houston’s social security number, have been blacked out for privacy reasons.
Houston, who was born on August 9, 1963, was 48-years-old at the time of her death on February 11, 2012. According to the certificate, she died at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles, but the cause of death is listed only as “deferred.” This means the Los Angeles Coroner’s office has so far not made an official ruling as to the singer’s cause of death. Full toxicology tests, which will hopefully pinpoint exactly why Whitney Houston died, may not be finalized for at least a month.
Despite reports that Whitney Houston was found dead with her head underwater in the bathtub of her hotel room, sources close to the family allegedly do not believe she drowned. According to TMZ.com, the Los Angeles Coroner’s office reportedly told Houston’s family she did not have enough water in her lungs to indicate the singer drowned.
At this point, the majority of speculation about her death is fueled by the “I Will Always Love You” singer’s past history of drug and alcohol abuse. Houston allegedly was taking Xanax, according to TMZ.com, and had been consuming a lot of alcohol in the days leading up to her death. Several other varieties of prescription drugs were also reportedly found in her hotel room.
Subscribe to Snark Food updates on Facebook, Twitter, Email, or RSS