Prince Frederic von Anhalt, husband of actress Zsa Zsa Gabor, has been involved in an accident so bizarre and frightening, it makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.  Apparently he was lounging around outside, sunbathing and enjoying a snack, when he accidentally ingested a bee.

He didn’t realize what was going on until it was too late, and the distressed bee stung him on the inside of the throat as he was swallowing it.  Prince Frederic says he felt instant white-hot pain inside his throat, and then suddenly had trouble breathing as the venom from the bee sting caused his windpipe to swell shut.  He was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was treated and has remained over the weekend for observation.



Subscribe to Snark Food updates on Facebook, Twitter, Email, or RSS